Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies
The Handa Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence and Informa Connect, jointly offer an unparalleled professional education and training in terrorism, the causes of terrorism and how we respond. This programme covers the history of terrorism, assesses the developing challenges and focuses on specific environments – such as terrorists’ use of the internet, and the financing of terrorism. E-learning content is delivered in a collaborative learning environment, with tutor support for offline written assignments. In today’s complex security environment, the Certificate enhances the skill and knowledge base so critical to responding to the growing phenomenon of terrorism.
Experienced professionals will enhance their knowledge and sharpen their skills with the latest information and thinking about terrorist organisations and the threat they pose. Likewise, heads of organisations stand to benefit, as with this programme they now have an opportunity to help their staff develop their understanding in the causes of terrorism, the variety of responses undertaken to the terrorist threat and how this may impact your sector directly.
- Key Issues in Terrorism and Political Violence (Core module for Certificate/Advanced Certificate students)
- Terrorist Ideologies, Aims, Beliefs and Motivations
- Terrorist Modus Operandi
- International Policing Policy
- Aviation Terrorism & Security
- Maritime Terrorism & Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Terrorism and the Internet: Cyberterrorism and Terrorist Use of ICT
- Radicalisation and De-Radicalisation
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear (CBRN) Weapons in Terrorism
- Terrorism & Human Rights
- Homeland Security
- Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) Threats and Countermeasures
Who Should Enrol?
Our programmes are designed for anyone with an interesting in studying terrorism and political violence. We welcome those pursuing further study in their spare time, as well as professionals from a variety of backgrounds such as:
- Police, Military, Security and Rescue
- Finance and Risk Management
- Airport and Airline Security
- Coastguards, Maritime and Shipping
- Private Security Companies and Contingency Planners
It is intended for all those seeking to develop a greater understanding of terrorism, political violence and the challenges created by these phenomena.
To read more and for details of organisations that have already benefitted from this programme click here.
When does the course operate?
The next intake will commence the Certificate in June 2020
Following this future intakes will begin in October 2020 and February 2021.
Comments from Participants
“I’ve been working in aviation security for many years but still learned a great deal.”
“I would include this as a mandatory module for all policing/customs and immigration officers dealing with national security/anti-terror in the Western world. It will definitely influence the thinking of most security agents in a way that will allow them to more clearly identify threats”.
“I am sold on the courses and will look forward to continuing with other programs once I have completed this certificate”
“I work overseas 30–50% of the time. It is an ideal course for someone in this position who still wishes to study”.
“The program is great. I am excited about future classes.”
For enquiries, call +44 (0)20 3377 3210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply online please visit the Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Terrorism website.