Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Terrorism Studies
The Handa Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Political Violence and KNect365 Learning – An Informa Business, jointly offer an unparalleled professional education and training in global terrorism. This programme covers theory and practice, as well as counter-terrorism strategies and techniques. E-learning content is delivered in a collaborative learning environment, with tutor support for offline assignments. In today’s complex security environment, the Certificate enhances the skill and knowledge base so critical to countering the growing phenomenon of terrorism.
Experienced professionals will enhance their knowledge and sharpen their skills with the latest information and thinking about terrorist organisations and their modus operandi. Likewise, heads of organisations stand to benefit, as with the CSTPV they now have an opportunity to help their staff become more educated in the causes of terrorism and methods for countering terrorism at the deepest levels.
- Key Issues in International Terrorism (Core module for Certificate/Advanced Certificate students)
- Terrorist Ideologies, Aims, Beliefs and Motivations
- Terrorist Modus Operandi
- International Policing Policy
- Aviation Terrorism & Security
- Maritime Terrorism & Security
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Radicalisation and De-Radicalisation
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear (CBRN) Weapons in Terrorism
- Terrorism & Human Rights
- Homeland Security
- Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) Threats and Countermeasures
Who Should Enrol?
Our programmes are designed for professionals in:
- Police, Military, Customs and Immigration
- Emergency Services and Public Transport
- Airport and Airline Security
- Coastguards, Maritime and Shipping
- Private Security Companies and Contingency Planners
It is intended for all those seeking the expertise to understand and confront the rapidly evolving milieu of global terror networks.
To read more and for details of organisations that have already benefitted from this programme click here.
When does the course operate?
The next intake will commence the Certificate in October .
Following this future intakes will begin in February and June.
Comments from Participants
“I am pleased with it. It’s fascinating to see how far e-learning has come in just a few years and how easy, and non-disruptive to the learning process it is
“I’ve been working in aviation security for many years but still learned a great deal.”
“I would include this as a mandatory module for all policing/customs and immigration officers dealing with national security/anti-terror in the Western world. It will definitely influence the thinking of most security agents in a way that will allow them to more clearly identify threats”.
“I am sold on the courses and will look forward to continuing with other programs once I have completed this certificate”
“I work overseas 30–50% of the time. It is an ideal course for someone in this position who still wishes to study”.
“The program is great. I am excited about future classes.”
For enquiries, call +44 (0)20 7017 4483 or email email@example.com
For more information or to apply online please visit the Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Terrorism website.